Vajrasana - Kneeling Pose - Benefits.
We will be modifying and practicing this pose all through September. Come along earlier to class and practice with/without my assistance -
ask me anything you would like more help with. If I don’t know I will find out...an opportunity for me and you to learn!
- Vajrasana helps better blood circulation in the body. It modifies the blood flow by reducing the blood flow in lower
portion, especially in the legs and increasing blood flow to the digestive organs resulting to efficiency of the digestive system. People with weak digestion are benefited. Better digestion checks acidity and ulcers.
- 2. People with sciatica and severe
lower back problems should regularly practice vajrasana to be benefited.
- 3. Vajrasana is the answer to constipation, stomach disorder, digestive problems, acidity. It makes lower body flexible, strengthens sexual organs, tones body muscles (hips,
thighs, calves), cures joint pains, urinary problems, etc.
- 4. Losing weight becomes possible with regular practice of Vajrasana. You will see the difference in your belly fat after a few weeks of regular Vajrasana practice.
- 5. Vajrasana calms
mind and relaxes the nerves.
- 6. Slow and rhythmic breathing in this position can induce a meditative state.
- This information was copied from https://vishwashantiyoga.com
- CAUTION AND A LOT OF BLOCKS MAY BE NEEDED! THEIR SHOULD BE NO KNEE OR HIP PAIN. CHILD POSE CAN HELP YOU OPEN IN THIS AREA.
- THOSE IN THE GENTLE CLASS. PLEASE COME IN EARLY IF YOU WANT TO PRACTICE
- SOME STUDENTS
NEED TO AVOID THIS POSTURE.
Herbal Medicine and Meditation
I have a Diploma in Ayurvedic Herbology. It was a wonderful part of my training
as a Medical Herbalist and learning about this Ancient System of Medicine encouraged me to take up Yoga.
Herbs do not have to be taken by mouth to have an effect. Anything we put on our skin is absorbed into our body. Read labels carefully, so
many product we use and think are good for us are toxic and should be avoided. The best things to nourish our skin are simple oils such as coconut and sesame.
Self massage is an important part of Ayurvedic Herbology and also a wonderful way to encourage
calm, quiet and relaxation. It makes meditation easy and enjoyable.
An oil with a huge benefit for our brains and minds is Brahmi Oil.
I will bring some into class for a face and neck massage this month.
Used topically, Brahmi Oil transports
its qualities deep into the tissues:
- To support clarity in the mind*
- Promote awareness & mental function*
- Strengthen memory & intellect*
- Support a balanced emotional state*
- Nourish and cool the
skin and hair*
- Revitalize and refresh the mind*
- Promote cooler body temperature*
- Enhance meditation*
- Support sound sleep*
- Helps with dandruff
- Makes hair soft and silky.
It can be added to bathwater before bed.
It contains Sesame oil and herbs. Gotu Kola and Centella Asiatica
PRIVATE YOUTUBE YOGA AND MEDITATION CLASSES COMING SOON
I have been asked a couple of times to video my classes especially when I am going on holiday. I bought a video camera and I am going to start downloading my classes and meditations. These will be available to students. Cut! My first introduction to yoga
video went really well I thought, until I looked at it and I had missed off my head!